- Training and Education
Funding Size: N/A
- Eligibility: Startups and Artistic Companies
- You must be legally registered as an SME. Groups of 2 to 4 individuals can apply to the MediaFutures programme, as long as you commit to legally register as an SME at the beginning of MediaFutures programme.
- You must be established and work in one of the Member States of the European Union, their Overseas Countries and Territories, H2020 associated countries or the UK.
- Funding amount: Up to €80,000 equity free funding for startups. Together with the financial support, MediaFutures also offers technical, legal and advisory support, data and computational resources, mentorship and training, networking and peer learning, marketing and promotion through EU events and communities.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Member States of the European Union, their Overseas Countries and Territories, H2020 associated countries or the UK
- Application languages: English
MediaFutures support programme is looking for startups eager to reshape the media value chain through innovative, inclusive and participatory applications of data and user-generated content.
The first Open Call covers 4 challenges.
Three of these focus on the coronavirus infodemic, the fourth one is open for other topics. Each of the Challenges can be addressed via the use of any dataset or combination of datasets, from those provided by the data infrastructure of MediaFutures, or other open or shared datasets. The MediaFutures consortium will provide participants of the Open Call with basic training sessions on data management technologies as well as technical support for orienting them within existing databases and tools.
Media Futures will be hosting two webinars to give more information about the application process and what you can expect from the Acceleration and Residency programmes.
Read more about the project here.