- Climate Story Fund will support stories and impact campaigns from around the world that move the world closer to a climate just and biodiverse future.
- The fund is open to all mediums, and will support both production and impact campaigns that are ready to launch during the next 12 months.
- Funding amount: Between $20,000 to $100,000
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Global
- Application languages: English
In this initial round, the Climate Story Fund will support 6-8 projects with grants ranging between $20,000 to $100,000 per project.
- The global fund is open to all mediums, and will support both production and impact campaigns that are ready to launch during the next 12 months.
- They are looking for creative nonfiction projects that can complete production in 2021 with support from the Climate Story Fund. This can include long form non-fiction, shorts, and episodic documentaries, as well as podcasts and AR/VR.
- The Fund will also consider proposals from completed creative nonfiction and fiction projects that are looking to pilot an impact campaign in 2021 to engage audiences who have felt excluded from the climate conversation.
- They can support:
- Projects from all over the world – these can be localized stories serving local communities, or projects suited to a global audience
- Projects from both new and established artists
- Creative nonfiction and fiction projects of any medium looking to pilot an impact campaign in 2021
- Project teams who are able to attend our virtual Impact Lab during the week of 17 May 2021
There will be two calls for applications in 2021. The first open call operates the following timeline:
- 8th February 2021 – Call for applications open
- 4th March 2021 – Call for applications closes at 11:59 PM PST
- Week of 5th April 2021 – Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to supply rough cuts (if ready) or extended materials (further footage not submitted in the initial application)
- Week of 19th April 2021 – Zoom interviews (30 mins) for final round applicants
- Week of 3rd May 2021 – Selected grantees will be notified
- Week of 10th May 2021 – Unsuccessful candidates will be notified
- Week of 17th May 2021 – Virtual Impact Lab for all new grantees
The second round of the fund will open in Fall 2021.
Find more details and apply here.
- Environmental journalism