- Eligibility: Applications are open to international and German media representatives with a proven track record as a science journalist (freelance and staff writers). Applicants are expected to research and publish an article on a topic related to the programme of the Berlin Science Week. There are no restrictions on specific media areas or the form of publication.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: International
- Application language: English
Berlin Science Week is offering a research grant to support international media representatives who would like to report on scientific topics related to Berlin Science Week 2023.
Reporting can take place before, during, or after the Berlin Science Week (1–10 November 2023) with its numerous events on-site and online.
The research grant aims to further strengthen the international public perception of Berlin as a location for scientific excellence and to contribute to the promotion of independent science journalism.
BERLIN SCIENCE WEEK 2023 TOPICS
- Planetary Health & Sustainability
- Tech & Engineering Innovations
- Health & Wellbeing
- Future of Life & Work
- Societal Trends & Transformations
- Discovering Earth & Space
- Art & Science
- Open Science & Collaboration
- Breakthroughs & Foresight
- Learning & Working in Science
- For the in-person participation, eight media representatives will be selected. Each of them will receive a research grant of €250 and a travel bursary of up to €750. The grantees are expected to participate in-person in the festival hub Berlin Science Week Campus at the Museum für Naturkunde and in the Art&Science Forum at Holzmarkt 25 (3–5 November 2023).
- Six media representatives will be selected for the digital participation in the programme. They will each receive a research grant of €250, which will be awarded as a lump sum for digital research and reporting. The grantees are expected to participate in online events of the Berlin Science Week and the digital journalist programme.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.