Join the conversation about women changing the world with the hashtag #WomensWave!
- This event has passed.
WOMEN WHO LEAD
4 March 2021
To honour International Women’s Day, the European Partnership for Democracy and its members have organised a public event to celebrate inspiring women whose leadership and political vocation make a daily difference to a more equitable and inclusive society.
The event will offer a platform for presenting and celebrating women leaders’ journeys and achievements, in order to inspire action and sow seeds of change for equality and justice. You will hear about their personal journeys of becoming a change-maker, their experience of overcoming political and societal barriers, and how their activism enables the next generation of women across the globe to follow in their steps.
- Imarn Ayton – Actress, activist and leading voice in the #BlackLivesMatter UK protests, and founder of the Black Reformist Movement
- Tamara Adrián – Venezuelan lawyer and academic, and the first trans woman to win a seat as a member of the country’s Congress
- Sidita Zaja – Executive Director of the NGO ProLGBT, fighting for the rights of the LGBTI community in Albania
- Sophie Heesen – Politician and Councillor for the Dutch Labour party (PvdA) in Gouda, campaigning for LGBTI rights, anti-discrimination policies and gender equality
- Krishala Tamang – One of the youngest elected Vice-Chairpeople of Doramba Rural Municipality in Nepal’s Ramechhap district, and national-level martial arts expert
- Nabila Ramdani, award-winning journalist and broadcaster and one of the WEF’s 2012 Young Global Leaders, will moderate the discussion.