- This event has passed.
25TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE IAICS – CALL FOR PROPOSALS
12 July 2019 - 15 July 2019
The 25th International Conference of the International Association for Intercultural Communication Studies (IAICS) seeks proposals.
- How do cultural and communication scholars understand the shifting discourses around the “West” and its “Others”?
- How have – fictional and non-fictional – representations of the relationship between the “West” and “Others” evolved?
- How have the centre and the periphery been re-defined, re-imagined and re-negotiated?
- What is the role of communication technologies in building connections/divisions in the current climate?
- How have major policy interventions – such as China’s Belt and Road Initiative – affected intercultural divisions/connections?
- How relevant are theories of communication/cultural integration developed in Western liberal democracies for understanding current developments?
- What are the most challenging issues that scholars of intercultural communication face at the moment?
- Are there historical lessons that can inform our understanding of the impact of technological change on intercultural communication and interaction?
- 15. 11. 2018: Deadline for proposals
- 7. 1. 2019: Decisions on acceptance will be communicated
- 15. 1. 2019: Registration opens
- 15. 6. 2019: Registration for the conference closes
- 12.–15. 7. 2019: Conference
Click the conference website to find out more, submit a proposal, or simply register for the conference.