EUROPEAN ADVOCACY MEETING
On Friday 15th of November, GFMD and the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) will hold a roundtable discussion on issues of European advocacy from 10:00 to 12:00 CEST at the EFJ’s office (Residence Palace, Rue de la Loi 155 – 1040 Brussels).
The event will be an opportunity to gather actors from media organisations for an open discussion on their respective European advocacy activities, but also to establish and to foster coordination within the sector.
Focusing on issues central to the European agenda, the following topics will be discussed:
- EU Democracy Action Plan & the EU code of Practice on Disinformation;
- Anti-SLAPP Solutions & the directive on the protection of whistleblowers;
- The Declaration on the sustainability of quality journalism and editorial independence by the Council of Europe;
- The creation of a media intergroup at the European Parliament;
- The transparency of online platform algorithms and political ads as well as the reviewing of the business models.