EU DISINFOLAB COMMUNICATIONS AND ADVOCACY COORDINATOR
EU DisinfoLab is looking for a Communications and Advocacy Coordinator.
EU DisinfoLab is an independent NGO tackling sophisticated disinformation campaigns targeting the EU, its member states, core institutions and core values.
To these ends, EU DisinfoLab:
- develops and maintains an independent European platform on disinformation;
- monitors disinformation activities across the major platforms (digital and traditional), identifies trends and threats, and exposes disinformation campaigns;
- regularly makes policy recommendations at both the EU and Member State level;
- organises seminars, forums, meetings and other events to assemble activists, researchers and experts to share experiences and tools.
After training, you will:
- Monitor regulatory initiatives related to disinformation;
- Have regular contact with policy makers and other stakeholders working on disinformation;
- Represent the organisation at external events and expand the network of partners;
- Contribute to building and participating in project consortia with partners;
- Draft fundraising and project proposals, including administrative submission of tenders;
- Contribute to defining the advocacy strategy of the organisation and supervise the outreach and advocacy activities with the communication and advocacy intern;
- Draft the organisation’s advocacy positions;
- Help coordinate the organisation of conferences and webinars, including drafting the programme and contacting speakers;
- Support the team in other tasks when needed.
- Educational background in political science, international relations, European studies, communications, or a related field.
- At least two years’ experience in advocacy.
- You have an affinity for digital issues, with a societal and political focus.
- Excellent understanding of the functioning of the EU institutions.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- You are a curious person, with a can-do attitude.
- Native or near native English language skills. Additional European languages will be considered an asset.
- You like bringing people together.
- Good organisation skills, with a good eye for detail and an ability to multi-task, plan ahead, and keep track of tasks.
- A small team working in an excellent atmosphere;
- Tailor-made training in a highly innovative field;
- Constant learning experience.
Full details and application process can be found here.