EU CALL FOR PROPOSALS: FUNDING OF PROJECTS IN MALAYSIA
Deadline: 24 January 2019 | Malaysia – Civil Society Organisations: Enhancing CSOs’ Contribution to Governance and Development Processes
|Programme:||Non-State Actors and Local Authorities||Geographical Zone:||Malaysia|
|Status:||Open » 24/01/2019||Updated:||12/12/2018|
Objective 2: To strengthen capacity of media as a key actor in promoting good governance, transparency, and accountability
- Necessary capacity building for media CSOs and media organisations to play key role as media monitor including providing technical assistance to Media Council, development of media and information literacy, principles of independent and impartial, traditional and digitalized media, mainstream and alternative media;
- Increasing capability and platforms for media CSOs’ and media organisations including developing local/community information media and networks in improving governance by providing two-way communication between citizens and the state, as effective policies are more likely to result from integrated inclusive public discussion;
- Strengthening capacity of media CSOs’ and media organisations’ networks for advocacy support for legislative and institutional reform to improve government’s responsiveness, accountability and capacity for effective implementation of policy;
- Empowering media CSOs’ and media organisations in publicizing citizens’ needs and requirements, presentation of impacts of government policies and action through different media outlets;
- Strengthening capacity of media in training CSOs for better communications and advocacy on human rights matters;
- Developing media capacity for investigative and media journalism;
- Supporting for development of sustainable media business model.
To apply, find the guidelines here.