Democracy in Europe and the world is in an uncertain state. Between authoritarian Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and continued democratic backsliding around the world, to rule of law concerns within the EU and the finalisation of the Conference on the Future of Europe, it is vital for European states to strengthen their coordination and cooperation in defence of democratic principles in Europe and beyond.
Given the major changes to European and world politics since the start of the pandemic, this in-person conference offers a fascinating chance to explore the future of European and global democracy featuring high-profile speakers from the EU, national governments and civil society.
- Registration and welcome (09h00 – 09h45)
- The war in Ukraine and the impact on democracy worldwide (09h45 – 11h00)
- State of Democracy in Europe and looking ahead to the 2024 elections (11h15 – 12h30)
- 6 Breakout sessions (14h00 – 16h30)
- Enhancing cooperation: Making Team Europe work (16h45 – 18h00)
- Networking drinks (from 18h30)
Further details on the speakers for each session and the topics for the breakout sessions will follow in the coming weeks.
To register for the session that will take place on the 21 of June 2022 in Brussels, Belgium, click here.
Organisation: European Partnership for Democracy (EPD)
Location: Brussels, Belgium