Organisation: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
From now through the beginning of the Summit on March 28, USAID invites you to lend your own voice and share your story of how democracies are rising to the challenge to solve the world’s most pressing problems and how freedom makes it possible for all people to live better lives.
Specifically, USAID invites you to create your own story via a short (45 second-2 minutes) video/s with your own equipment (e.g. smartphone), or through a picture/image/illustration or written story) and post it to your social media using the hashtag: #SummitForDemocracy.
Some sample prompts have been included below for your consideration. Please feel free to consider one, or all, or modify as you see fit:
- Why does democracy matter to you?
- What has it made possible in your own life?
- How do free people ensure their democracies protect the environment, enable economic prosperity for all and support a healthy and food secure world?
You are welcome to highlight the following key S4D2 themes in your video/s or other social posts: 1) the ways in which democracies are helping to build strong communities and a safer world; 2) the themes of the Presidential Initiative for Democratic Renewal, which include:
- Supporting Democratic Reformers
- Strengthening Free and Independent Media
- Transforming the Fight Against Corruption
- Defending Free and Fair Elections and Political Processes
- Advancing Technology for Democracy
Feel free to post your social media content anytime between now and the S4D2, please note the following official dates of the Summit.
- March 27: Partner’s Day (led by civil society organizations).
- March 28: S4D2 – Day Zero (thematic sessions)
- March 29: First day of the S4D2 (virtual plenary sessions).
- March 30: Second day of the S4D2 (co-host led sessions).
Find more information here.