« Back to all Engagements
WAN-IFRA is hosting a free virtual summit on Journalism and the Climate Crisis on 22 and 23 of February.
The Global eSummit, spread over five online sessions across two days, will look at:
- Storytelling – innovation and formats: a focus on newsrooms successfully making sense of climate change for their audiences – across all beats and despite resource challenges. Podcasts, AR, Explainers and Interactives.
- The viability of climate change coverage: amid scarce resources, how are newsrooms making the case for growing their climate coverage? Can it be monetised?
- Extreme collaboration: one way to improve your climate coverage and the authority of your journalism is through partnerships. Ideas on how to do it.
- Shifting from doom and gloom to hope: how to approach a story to keep audiences interested and invested.
- Training and resources: climate touches all beats, all journalists, all editors. Where and how can you access training for all your staff.
- Keeping climate coverage alive, engaging and on the front page: the gaps we need to overcome to produce content that resonates with audiences.
Registration is open and, on behalf of WAN-IFRA, we welcome members to participate. The videos will be available post-event to anyone who registers, in case the session times are a challenge in their time zone.
For more engagement opportunities, subscribe to MediaDev Insider newsletter, your guide on how to support journalism and media from the GFMD IMPACT