Organisation: Arab Media & Society
Location: Mena Region
Arab Media & Society, the biannual journal of the Kamal Adham Center for Television and Digital Journalism in the School of Global Affairs and Public Policy at the American University in Cairo, is seeking submissions for their next issue on “Media & Women.”
Papers may address (but are not limited to) the suggested subtopics below:
- Media and women’s activisms
- Gendered media production in new media spaces
- Feminism and the media
- Women in science journalism
- Gender in climate change media
- Gendered labor and care work in digital cultural production
- Feminist approaches to crisis journalism
- Women and media education
- Media coverage of gender inequality
- (Under)representation of women in professional media
- Women on social media platforms
- Social media, gender, and mental health
- Representation of women in Arab film and television
- Stereotypical representations of Arab women in international media
- Historical regional representations of women in media
- Religion, media, and women
- Women and Cultural diplomacy
- Media, women, and popular culture
- While they welcome submissions from diverse disciplines and perspectives, articles should relate in some way to the Arab world and its diaspora, and media or communication technology.
- Submissions should conform to the Chicago Manual of Style and may be up to 10,000 words, including footnotes, and citations (author-date).
- All submissions should be sent as doc or docx files, and should include the author’s name as it will be published, their affiliation, and a brief abstract of no more than 150 words.
Send articles and ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.