Organisation: United Nations
Location: New York, United States of America
Venue: United Nations Headquarters in New York
Dates: 27 to 31 March 2023
Format: Regular in-person session (with possible remote participation for registered observers)
The Committee of Experts on Public Administration (CEPA) will hold its twenty-second session under the overall theme of “Urgently transforming institutions for a greener, more inclusive and more resilient world in times of multiple crises.”
As approved by ECOSOC in its decision 2022/333 of 8 June 2022, there are eight substantive issues on the provisional agenda to be explored from a variety of perspectives, namely:
- Institutional aspects of the 2023 theme of the Economic and Social Council and the high-level political forum on sustainable development.
- Peer exchange with voluntary national review countries and voluntary local review cities on experiences and promising practices in implementing Sustainable Development Goals 16 and 17.
- Institutional mechanisms for providing economic, financial, and structural support to address climate change, reduce the use of fossil fuels and protect biodiversity.
- Application of the UN principles of effective governance for sustainable development for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Reinventing public sector workforce training and institutional learning towards changing mindsets in the public sector.
- Public financial management in times of emergency and implications for the credibility of budgets.
- Stimulating public sector innovation through digital technology and measuring the impact of digital government.
- Responding to the effects of climate change in institution-building efforts in fragile countries and countries emerging from conflict.
Registration: All NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC, major groups and other civil society organizations wanting to attend the 22nd session are requested to register via Indico no later than 6 March 2023 at:
Proceedings will also be webcast live in the six official UN languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish) at https://media.un.org/en/webtv
Written inputs: Observers are invited to submit written inputs in advance on the substantive issues to be considered by CEPA at the 22nd session via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is 13 March 2023. Inputs may be published on the CEPA website before the session. Further details are available here.
Oral interventions: A limited number of observers may be able to make oral interventions during the session subject to time availability and technical limitations. Interventions must be focused on the issues under discussion. Inputs on other issues will not be accommodated. Such interventions should not exceed three minutes (approx. 300 words).
Please note that the United Nations does not charge fees for participation in meetings of the Committee of Experts on Public Administration, does not facilitate visa applications and does not provide support for travel cost of observers.
Information about CEPA’s 22nd session is available here.