See here the invitation from the UN Under-Secretary General for Economic and Social Affairs, Mr. Wu Hongbo.
HOST COUNTRY WEBSITE: www.igf2017.swiss (includes VISA and other useful information)
The preparatory work is underway. Below is the overview of its current status:
- The summary reports of all MAG meetings held so far available here.
- Call for Workshop Proposals closed on 3 May 2017. For more details, please visit this page. The List of Proposals is available.
- Call to hold Open Forums closed on 29 June 2017. For more information, please click here.
- Call to request booths at the IGF Village closed on 21 July 2017. For more information, please click here.
- Call to reserve slots for organizing pre-events during 'Day 0' closed on 21 July 2017. For more information, please click here.
- Call for Main Session templates open until 15 August 2017. For more information, please click here.
- Call to organize Remote Hubs. For more information, please click here.
- Call for DC Meeting Slots: closed on 21 July 2017, 12:00 p.m. (noon) UTC
- Call for CENB III Inputs: 31 July 2017, 12:00 p.m. (noon) UTC
- The following Best Practice Forums (BPFs) are approved:
- BPF on Cybersecurity
- BPF on Gender and Access
- BPF on Local Content
- A third phase of the Policy Options for Connecting and Enabling the Next Billion(s) initiative (CENB III) is approved.
- The following MAGWorking Groups to help facilitate the preparatory process are approved:
- Working Group on Communication and Outreach (WGCO)
- Working Group on IGF Improvements (WG-IMP)
- Working Group on Multi-year Strategic Work Programme (WG-MSWP)
- Working Group on New Session Formats (WG-NSF)
- Working Group on Workshop Review and Evaluation Process (WG-WREP)
- The second Open Consultations and Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) meeting was from 12-14 June in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Final List of IGF 2017 Workshops
- Final Lists of IGF 2017 Open Forums, Day 0 Events, Village Booths
- The following six main sessions will be included in the IGF programme: ‘Gender inclusion and the future of the internet’; ‘Creating an Inclusive Workforce in the Digital Economy’; Empowering Global Cooperation on Cybersecurity for Sustainable Development & Peace’; ‘Local Interventions, Global Impacts: How Can International, Multistakeholder Cooperation Address Internet Shutdowns, Encryption and Data Flows’; NRIs-organized main session; DCs-organized main session. Main session organizers will have until 15 August 2017 to fill out required main session templates.
For more information click here.