US EMBASSY: NOTICE OF FUNDING OPPORTUNITY (NOFO) – EMPOWERING WOMEN JOURNALISTS ACROSS NEPAL
- The primary audience for this mentorship program are women journalists from Nepal
- Recent alumni of US Exchange programs will also be leveraged
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Think tanks and media think tanks
- Public and private educational institutions
- Media forums
- Funding amount: $20,000- $25,000
- Category: Grant
- Target country: Nepal
- Application language: English
Female journalists in Nepal face a myriad of issues around retention, empowerment, and financial security. Women at the editorial and other senior levels are rare in Nepal and few opportunities for advancement and professional development exist.
Subject to the availability of funds, Empowering Women Journalists aims to expand the professional networks and workplace capacity of ten women journalists from Nepal by offering a mentorship program with leading women journalists from the United States and other countries.
The mentorship program will expose select female journalists to current, global trends in journalism and provide them with professional development to excel in their fields. Through this one-year program, at least ten competitively-selected journalists will be connected with mentors from abroad. Through several rounds of face-to-face and virtual engagement (depending on the state of the COVID-19 pandemic), the mentees will engage in discussions to develop innovative solutions to counter prevalent issues unique to female journalists in Nepal.
See here to learn more and apply.