EUROPEAN COMMISSION: CALL FOR JOURNALISM PARTNERSHIPS – CREATIVE EUROPE PROGRAMME
- Must have status of legal entity (public or private bodies) in one of the eligible countries
- Other entities may participate in other consortium roles, such as associated partners, subcontractors, third parties giving in-kind contributions
- International organisations may apply
- Natural persons are NOT eligible
- Funding amount: €7’600’000
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: EU Member States including (overseas countries and territories non-EU countries): Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Turkey, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, Tunisia, Ukraine Azerbaijan, Belarus, Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Faroe Islands
- Application languages: English
This is a call for proposals for EU action grants in the field of the CROSS SECTORAL strand under the Creative Europe Programme.
- enhancing artistic and cultural cooperation at the European level, in order to support the creation of European works and strengthen the economic, social and external dimensions and innovation and mobility in Europe’s cultural and creative sectors (CULTURE strand);
- promoting the competitiveness, scalability, cooperation, innovation, and sustainability, including through mobility in the European audiovisual sector (MEDIA strand);
- promoting policy cooperation and innovative actions supporting all strands of the Programme, promoting a diverse, independent and pluralistic media
environment, and media literacy, thereby fostering freedom of artistic expression, intercultural dialogue and social inclusion (CROSS SECTORAL strand).
Themes and priorities
Journalism Partnerships shall encourage systemic cooperation between professional news media organisations to improve the viability and competitiveness of professionally produced journalism by supporting the testing of innovative business models and sharing of best practices among peers as well as by supporting innovative journalistic collaborations, standards and formats.
Grants will support cross-border collaboration among news media professionals in Europe. This first call promotes business transformation and journalistic projects – including the development of common technical standards, new types of newsrooms, the testing of new business models, original reporting and innovative production formats.
See here to learn more and apply.