EARTH JOURNALISM NETWORK WORKSHOP ON CLIMATE CHANGE REPORTING
Internews’ Earth Journalism Network (EJN) is seeking journalists to join a media workshop in coastal Bangladesh focused on climate change justice and resilience, with a special focus on women and youth.
The workshop is designed as an opportunity for journalists to interact with experts and to participate in a field trip that will enable them to report on how climate change is impacting coastal communities and how those communities are responding. This type of on-the-ground experience is aimed at enhancing journalists’ understanding of the issues and grant them greater access to sources and information for improved coverage.
The workshop will be held in Shatkhira, Bangladesh, from September 13-14, 2019. The deadline to apply is September 4 @ 5pm BST.
EJN will bear the travel, accommodation and meal costs of selected participants.
Applications are open to journalists from print, online, radio and television outlets. We also encourage women and early-career journalists to apply.
PREREQUISITES FOR APPLICANTS
- Commit to attend all days of the workshop;
- Have experience reporting on scientific and/or environmental topics;
- Understand and be able to communicate in English (workshop sessions will be in both English and Bangla);
- Provide a letter from their editor or media outlet supporting their application. Freelancers are welcome but must have a letter of support from a media organization that will publish or broadcast their stories.
- Be willing to post copies of any stories produced for their home media outlets as a result of participating in the workshop on the EJN website.
Full application details are available here.