EARTH JOURNALISM NETWORK 2019 REPORTING FELLOWSHIP TO THE UNCCD COP14
Applications are now open for Internews’ Earth Journalism Network (EJN) fellowship program that will allow successful applicants to attend and cover the 14th Conference of the Parties (COP14) to the UN Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD), which will take place in New Delhi, India, in September 2019.
The successful applicants will include five journalists from India and Africa, with preference for reporters from arid regions, or regions impacted by drought and desertification. Fellows will attend the conference between 6-14 September, where they will engage with other participants and Fellowship program organisers in a series of specially designed activities that will include mentorship, an orientation workshop, breakfast briefings and interviews and sessions with high-level officials.
The fellowship covers airfare, accommodation, meals, and transport. Additionally, EJN will assist with acquiring press accreditation for the event. Visa costs can be reimbursed but obtaining the visa is the responsibility of the fellow.
To be eligible for the Fellowship, applicants must:
- Be a professional journalist from or representing an established media house and reporting from a developing country;
- Fill out the application form using the link below, including answering essay questions that illustrate his/her experience reporting on desertification and degradation issues. We also ask you to describe the kinds of stories you might pursue at the conference;
- Be available to arrive in India on Friday, 6th September and stay until departure on Saturday, 14th
- Commit to participate in all Fellowship activities;
- Provide a letter of support from an editor, producer or supervisor who can confirm your ability to publish or broadcast your material in an established media outlet. Freelancers are welcome to apply but must provide a letter of support.
Full details and application information can be found here.