EUROPEAN COMMISSION : MEDIA COUNCILS IN THE DIGITAL AGE – EU
- A consortium of at least two legal entities
- Proposals may be submitted by any of the following applicants or combinations of:
- non-profit organisation (private or public);
- international organisations;
- educational institutions;
- research centres;
- natural persons: natural persons are eligible as part of a consortium but the project cannot be coordinated by a natural person.
- Funding amount: Not available
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: EU Member States
- Application languages: English
The European Commission is calling for proposals for Media Councils in the Digital Age. The objective of the Preparatory Action is to further support the activities of the media self-regulation bodies and to promote the importance of journalistic standards in the modern media environment.
The Action will aim to deliver further research regarding the activities of the media/press councils and will identify challenges that could be addressed by the development of the journalistic standards. Recognising the close relation of media/press councils with the journalistic community, the action will aim to engage media self-regulatory bodies in the digital empowerment of journalists. It will also aim to promote the exchange of views between media/press councils and the independent media regulators.
See here to learn more and apply.