– journalists-freelancer under the age of 30 based on eligible countries (listed below)
– journalists who are committed to building the skills necessary for a sustainable career as a freelancer
– journalists who are are committed to working collaboratively to produce original, rigorous and thought-provoking journalism
- Category: Fellowship
- Target countries: African countries
- Application language: English
The African Arguments fellowship is a mentorship and training programme for young freelancers based on the continent. The fellowship is designed to fit into (rather than disrupt) the chosen journalists’ already busy schedules and help them develop through two key ways:
– The journalists will be supported in producing engaging, balanced, original work of the highest quality on topics of their choice;
– The freelancers will learn from experienced leaders in the field, share ideas, and develop key freelancing skills such as pitching, securing funding, writing for international audiences etc; It may also include additional trainings arranged to cater to the chosen fellows’ specific needs or interests.
See here to learn more and apply.
Organisation: African Arguments