Organisation: Wikimedia Commons
- Eligibility criteria:
– Entered images or media must visually capture the theme as it applies to “Africa”.
– To be considered, entries must be submitted under under a free license.
– Participants must be registered on Wikimedia Commons and be contactable.
- Type of funding:
- Target countries: The contest operates in all African countries.
- Application language: N/A
Wiki Loves Africa is an annual contest where anyone across Africa can contribute media that relates to that year’s theme to Wikimedia Commons for use on Wikipedia and other project websites of the Wikimedia Foundation. Wiki Loves Africa encourages participants to contribute media (photographs, video and audio) that illustrate the specific theme for that year. Each year the theme changes. Each year’s theme is chosen by the community to be a universal, visually-rich and culturally-specific topics (for example, markets, rites of passage, festivals, public art, cuisine, natural history, urbanity, daily life, notable persons, etc).
The theme for the 2022 contest is Home and Habitat. Homes come in all shapes and sizes. They reflect the deep-seated identity, interconnections to the community and economic reality. They display the traditional roots, the aesthetic choices and the aspirations.
See here to learn more and apply.