WAN-IFRA Women in News is seeking a Coordinator to support the Global team.
Team Coordinator, Women in News, is an essential position within the Women in News Global team within the WAN-IFRA Media Freedom division. They are expected to work closely and collaboratively with the Women in News management and leadership group to implement WIN’s shared vision and strategic objectives. They will work openly and collaboratively with their counterparts in the African and Arab region, South East Asia, as well as other key members of the leadership group. This is a 12-month contract position.
Applicants should ideally hold Arabic language skills.
Specific deliverables of this role include:
Operations & E-learning (40%)
- Support in the recruitment process (posting relevant job posts and oversight of WIN hr@ Gmail account);
- Finalizing drafts and sending out final versions of consultant/supplier contracts via Signable; Filing and archiving;
- Gathering SIRI grantee information and mapping out a selection process grid; Drafting and sending out contracts via Signable;
- Administration of Zoom online account (schedule meetings and events through WIN register@Gmail account as requested from time to time based on needs from the projects);
- Archiving and organising Zoom recordings and attendee lists
- Manage programme calendars and liaising with team members to ensure that the Master Media Freedom Calendar is up to date and accurate;
- Conduct meeting minutes as necessary; schedule meetings and events as requested;
- Compile recordings of zoom meetings and collate participants’ lists from the various meetings for feed-forwarding to finance for accountability purposes;
- Manage internal filing system and data storage as requested.
- Administrative support to WIN LMS (overview of WAN-IFRA mma@ and WIN info@ Gmail accounts and creating LMS user accounts);
- Support maintenance of WIN’s digital applications and subscriptions including, but not limited to: GSuite, MailChimp, Zoom, Survey Monkey, Signable;
- Oversight of WIN’s external email account (info@);
- Support the Advisory programme in managing the calendar, specifically for the Digital ABC Course and liaising with the Lead Trainer on other technological needs for this component;
- Monitoring of participants engagement on the Digital ABC Course and providing data and relevant information to the Lead Trainer and relevant project manager that will be necessary for decision making and adjustments.
Administrative Support to Executive to Director and Operations & People Director (20%)
- Coordinate travel and accommodation needs;
- Support financial administration, posting invoices from travel agencies and other suppliers, and/or reconciling expenses as requested
- Other duties as requested
- 2-5 years experience in administrative or project management role, within corporate or not-for-profit setting;
- Exceptional organisational , self management and time management skills an imperative;
- Ability to demonstrate trustworthiness, dependability and agility to respond to emerging; and urgent issues;
- Demonstrated teamwork, collaboration, organisational and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to make immediate and fast decisions (effective decision-making skills);
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict and facilitate/moderate in meetings and secure common ground and consensus;
- Solid communication skills (written and speaking) with ability to communicate effectively with influence with colleagues, peers and partners;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with remote team members;
- Results oriented disposition;
- Strong moral and ethical principles and values;
- Confident numeracy, written & IT skills, excellent interpersonal skills, analytical reasoning;
- Some experience in finance & administrative systems an asset
- Knowledge of Learning management systems (LMS) application: administration, documentation, tracking, reporting, automation and delivery of educational courses, training programs, or learning and development programs an asset
- Excellent written and verbal English; Arabic language skills added advantage.
WAN-IFRA Women in News is committed to diversity and inclusion, and creating an environment which embraces collaboration and equality. Women, non-binary, LGBTQI+, disabled and visible minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the media industry. www.womeninnews.org
Interested applicants should send their CVs to HR@womeninnews.org by Wednesday 24 February 2021. Please include position title in the subject line of your email. Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted.