The World Association for Christian Communication (WACC) is in need of consulting services to carry out a programme evaluation of its Communication for All (CAP) Programme. The evaluation relates to the CAP contract E-WEL-2019-0256 (September 2019 to August 2023). This evaluation will be carried out remotely and will not entail international travel.
The CAP strengthens and supports communication rights by and for marginalised, vulnerable and disadvantaged people in developing countries. It addresses the communication needs of rural and urban poor, indigenous people, people with a disability, women, and people affected by past, current and potential violent conflict, and others. The CAP focuses on five themes: Gender and Communication, Indigenous Communication Rights, Digital Justice, Climate Justice, and Migration and Communication rights. Under its current iteration (September 2019 to August 2023) the CAP is supporting 53 small and mid-sized civil organizations in DAC eligible countries.
The evaluation will include online meetings with WACC staff and with 12 WACC’s partners. The purpose of the online meetings with partners is to conduct interviews and review documentation in accordance with the requirements stipulated in the evaluation work plan and framework. The methodology may also include telephone interviews, email correspondence and/or surveys with other informants.
The Consultant will prepare an evaluation report that describes the evaluation and puts forward the evaluator’s findings and recommendations. Evaluation findings are to focus on the key evaluation issues. The presentation of the evaluation findings is to be linked to the evaluation issues and derived from the information collected.
Evaluator Profile and Qualifications:
The consultant/evaluation team is expected to be:
- Reliable and effective with substantial experience in conducting NGO evaluations, preferably related to communication rights and/or communication for development and a proven track record in delivering professional evaluations.
- At least 5 years’ experience in development cooperation, especially in relation to media development, gender justice, climate justice, migrants’ rights, digital rights, and Indigenous people’s rights.
- Fluent in English with additional fluency in either or both Spanish and French; offers from evaluation teams are welcome.
- Familiar with at least two or more of the following three regions: Latin America, Africa and Asia,
- Able to understand WACC’s values and general aims as described on its website www.waccglobal.org.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail your proposal, including a summary of costs, to Lorenzo Vargas, WACC Programme Manager, at LV@waccglobal.org by January 30, 2022.
To learn more about the opportunity, please click here.
Organisation: World Association Of Christian Communication (WACC)