The United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA) and the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) Secretariat are searching for an intern who will be based in Geneva, for a period of two to six months depending on the needs of the department.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned. The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
- Assistance in drafting and preparing official documents.
- Attending and summarising conferences and meetings.
- Document, legal and internet research.
- Assistance during conferences.
- Working on web-presentation.
- Compiling statistics.
- Media analysis.
- Communication: Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organisational goals
- Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
- Planning & organising: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and adjust as required; uses time efficiently.
To learn more about this opportunity and to apply, click here.