Organisation: Internet Society Uganda Chapter.
The Internet Society Uganda Chapter is calling eligible Ugandans to be admitted to the 3rd School of Internet Governance that will take place from August 02 – 22, 2023.
The aim of the Uganda School of Internet Governance is to create a platform for young professionals and students from diverse sectors and backgrounds to acquire meaningful skills in order to participate in Internet Governance activities at local, national, regional, and international levels. The school’s goal is to increase the number of Ugandan representatives in the international Internet Governance spaces and ecosystem. Since its rollout, the school is more inclined towards raising new Internet governance participants who will make great impacts in shaping the Internet in Uganda and beyond.
The school seeks to increase the capacity of key stakeholders and potential actors in the local, regional, and international Internet governance space. Envisioned stakeholders include government, academia, media, civil society organisations, tech community, among others.
Areas to be covered in the training include
- Introduction to Internet governance.
- Main concepts in Internet governance.
- Internet governance processes and how to get involved.
- Uganda’s internet policy, legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Multi-stakeholder engagement in global internet governance.
- The UgSIG will take place over a period of two weeks in a hybrid format.
- Participants will undertake self-paced online classes between August 02 – 20, 2023, and face-to-face workshops on August 21 -22, 2023.
- The training will take a mix of lectures and interactive activities as participants get to listen to experts and practitioners devour different Internet governance topics.
- The training will be conducted in English language
Learn more here to apply.