Internews is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Officer for a USAID-funded project which focuses on strengthening key electoral institutions, civil society organizations, media, and elected officials in order to increase public trust and inclusive participation in the political process in Tunisia.
Reporting to the Tunisia Senior Media Advisor, the MERL Officer will oversee all monitoring and evaluation activities. The MERL Officer will be responsible for implementing and managing M&E frameworks and systems; collecting, verifying, and reporting data on project activities; and capturing impact, learning, and best practices. The MERL Officer will also work in close collaboration with the MENA Impact and Learning Team and relevant HQ departments as required.
- Undertake field-monitoring missions to assess the progress of the project implementation using Internews’ standard monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies;
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative desk research as well as field monitoring and verification of project implementation;
- Collect, verify, and report M&E data in compliance with USAID and Internews’ data quality standards;
- Develop internal tracking systems to maintain M&E data in an organized, secure, and user-friendly way;
- Attend project activities and trainings and work with the project team to monitor them properly by creating evaluation tools, collecting data first-hand from partners/beneficiaries, and analyzing collected data;
- Responsible for data quality assurance of all activities and trainings;
- Support the design and implementation of baseline/midline assessments and other surveys according to the work plan;
- Assist the Senior Media Advisor and other project staff in producing regular, timely, and accurate narrative reports (including M&E data) per donor guidelines;
- Work closely with project and HQ staff to revise the reports as necessary;
- Respond to requests from the donor and HQ staff about M&E data, methodologies, and examples of project impact;
- Input all M&E data into USAID and Internews’ online systems;
- External evaluations – support the procurement and management of external consultants/service providers in delivering mid/endline project evaluations.
- Audience research – support the deployment of large-scale (nationwide) informative and evaluative audience surveys undertaken by external research agencies; support media and civil society partners to undertake small-scale direct audience research via existing digital platforms.
- Produce project communications materials and success stories as per donor requirements and Internews’ internal standards in collaboration with other project staff as required;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Ability to work and reside in Tunisia;
- 5+ years of experience in the design and implementation of research and M&E activities implemented by national/international organizations. Experience working on USAID-funded projects is highly desirable;
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills, and experience in designing and managing mixed methods research in support of implementation, including the design of indicators and appropriate data collection methods;
- Knowledge of data management processes and tools, including USAID’s database systems;
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and information management skills;
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills;
- Excellent English writing skills;
- Strong knowledge of the media landscape in Tunisia is highly desirable.
Internews plans to open an office in Tunis, Tunisia. Until then, this role will function remotely from Tunisia, and all candidates based anywhere in Tunisia are welcome to apply. You must have independent work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon. This is a limited-term position with an anticipated term of 12 months. This position may possibly be extended, contingent upon funding.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network
Location: Tunis, Tunisia