Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. Our vision is to unleash human potential everywhere by turning on the bright light of information.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
Internews is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer for a USAID-funded media support project in Tunisia. The M&E Officer will implement the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plans for the project in coordination with Internews’ programmatic staff. The M&E Officer will be responsible for maintaining accurate records on data gathered during all stages of project implementation in line with data quality standards, and will support in tracking, synthesizing, and organizing data into reports. This position reports to the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Develop and implement M&E systems for Internews projects, identifying obstacles to implementation and recommending appropriate solutions;
- Attend project activities and trainings and work with the the project team to monitor them properly by: creating evaluation tools, collecting data first-hand from partners/beneficiaries and analyzing collected data;
- Support the program team in creating a framework and procedures for monitoring and evaluation of project activities;
- Collaborate with the project team on appropriate data collection methods, tools, and reporting formats; preparing the M&E frameworks;
- Write reports, analyze findings, and provide recommendations as required for project planning, performance management, and reporting;
- Undertake field-monitoring missions to assess progress of the project implementation using Internews’ standard monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies;
- Participate in periodic review and planning meetings, generating minutes and lessons learned documents, discussing results of data, and planning action steps to build on strengths and address weaknesses;
- Support the project team in conducting field assessments and surveys;
- Develop close working relationships with all project partners, participants, and stakeholders;
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative field monitoring and verification of project implementation;
- Provide the project team with needed paperwork to improve planning, monitoring, and control of activities;
- Work closely with the program team to ensure project success by documenting relevant success stories;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Ability to work and reside in Tunis;
- Proven prior experience in monitoring and evaluation of large, internationally funded programs, preferably media development programs;
- University degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, social science, or closely related field desirable;
- At least 3 years experience in the design and implementation of M&E activities implemented by national/international NGOs;
- Experience designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports;
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Knowledge and use of data analysis software desirable;
- Experience in planning and managing surveys;
- Demonstrated experience with training and capacity-building;
- Strong writing and/or reporting skills;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work with colleagues in different time zones;
- Excellent English language (spoken and written) skills;
- Good command of Arabic (written and spoken) and French.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
To apply, please visit the Internews website: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1241