Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Internews is seeking a Community and Social Media Officer for a USAID-funded media support project in Tunisia. The Community and Social Media Officer will implement Internews digital strategy, manage content creation according to editorial guidelines, and plan content publication with the objective of increasing the audience for content related to Internews’ Political Transition Project (PTP) in Tunisia, mainly on Facebook and on dedicated web pages.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to developing the digital presence of Internews in Tunisia, which will culminate in the management of an e-learning platform and bringing together a community of practice dedicated to improving the capacity of the media to report in an impartial and balanced manner on democratic and economic governance and electoral matters in Tunisia.
- Implementation and execution of all aspects of the digital strategy related to Internews’ Political Transition Project (PTP) Facebook and YouTube accounts, as well as on the Internews website and the e-learning platform ;
- Oversee and manage the editorial calendar for these digital channels;
- Leverage a diverse body of knowledge to feed digital channels with content to effectively support Internews in Tunisia and to achieve the project’s objectives ;
- Define and monitor key performance indicators (KPI) in close collaboration with the M&E coordinator;
- Act as a reference in the digital sphere and support the team to increase the number of members of the e-learning platform and to reach target audiences;
- Support the project’s media partners;
- Oversee and advise on the development of a digital learning platform and community of practice;
- Manage paid digital campaigns (Facebook, google, etc.);
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Ability to work and reside in Tunis;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the production, management, and analysis of social media and in the management of digital communities;
- Experience in developing social media strategies, both for channel growth and for specific campaigns;
- Experience in creating original content and products in accordance with editorial guidelines and objectives,
- Experience in managing paid digital campaigns;
- Proven track record of audience and community growth on social media;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, experience with video and photo editing software is an asset;
- Ability to manage deadlines and work collaboratively in a dynamic environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in Tunisian Arabic and French. Fluency in English is an asset;
- Knowledge of the Tunisian media landscape is an asset.
Internews is establishing field offices in Tunisia. Ultimately, this role will be based in Tunis, Tunisia. The ideal candidate may work partially remotely and partially in-office in Tunis. This is a limited duration position, with anticipated end date of 06/30/2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
To apply please click here.