The European Journalism Centre (EJC) is looking for a new Director.
The EJC builds resilience in European journalism. We support quality, independence, innovation and sustainability. We connect journalists and journalism organisations with new ideas, skills, funding and people.
Together with the Board, the EJC Director is responsible for developing the organisation’s mission & vision, strategic plan, annual operations plan and budget, and fundraising strategy. The Director is responsible for partnerships and for being the public face of the organisation. The Director leads and manages the organisation’s Leadership Team of Programme, Finance and HR Directors and reports to the Board of Directors. The existing Director will leave the organisation on June 25th 2021.
Experience and Background
- A proven track record of senior-level management of teams or a Director/CEO role;
- An extensive background in quality journalism;
- Demonstrable success in developing diverse, equitable and inclusive organisations;
- A background in fundraising from typical non-profit revenue sources, including (but not limited to) project funding, memberships and sponsorship;
- A keen understanding of budgeting and financial management;
- A flexible, creative and forward-thinking management style;
- A good balance of translating strategic thinking into practical execution;
- International experience and excellent English language skills;
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for public speaking;
- A readiness to travel extensively.
- Location: Maastricht, The Netherlands
- Full-time position
- Permanent employment contract
- Start date: May 1st 2021
- The salary will be appropriate to the role of chief executive of the organisation and will be agreed with the person concerned during the selection process;
- This position offers the chance to demonstrate leadership in a dynamic, high-profile and challenging role with real impact;
- You have the opportunity to work with a professional, creative and highly-respected team in a diverse international environment;
- The EJC offers flexibility in working hours and a beautiful office in Maastricht;
- Competitive holidays and benefits;
- Professional development budget.
Do we match?
Please send a concise cover letter outlining your suitability for the position and your interest in supporting the EJC’s vision and strategy, as well as your CV.
You can address your cover letter and resume to the Chairman of the Board of Directors, Mr. Vicent Partal.
Please send your applications to our HR Director Nikki Huntjens at email@example.com with the subject line EJC Director Application.
The first round of shortlisting will occur based on the documentation received from prospective candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via video conference by the Board of Directors. If health regulations allow it, a final face-to-face interview will take place in Maastricht, The Netherlands.
The closing date for applications is 11p.m. CET on March 8th 2021.