Location: Remote in Thailand
Internews is seeking a Senior Grants Associate in Thailand.
Under the supervision of the Operations Lead, the Senior Grants Associate is primarily responsible for handling sub-grants, including those under the Emergency Support Fund mechanism and other grant pools. The Senior Grants Associate will be an integral part of the team and will work closely with the Senior Program Manager to implement sub-grants.
As part of the Field Operations team, the Senior Associate will support the Operations Lead to ensure a smooth flow of grants requests and documentation; and will maintain regular contact with grantees with respect to implementation of projects. The Senior Associate will provide support for the Operations Lead, who is responsible for requesting grant agreements from Headquarters; will consult with partners on all types of reporting; and will ensure that reports are submitted timely and maintain local files of all agreements. The Senior Associate will keep the Operations Lead and Senior Program Manager informed of all changes, issues, and successes of grantees, and will work closely with finance staff to ensure payments and associated proof of payments are well-regulated.
This position will be based in Thailand. This is a limited-duration position with an expected term of two years. This position may be extended, contingent on the availability of funding. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
- Provide support in administrative tasks related to the administration of the full cycle of grant management activities under the supervision of the Operations Lead.
- Conduct due diligence vetting checks for all potential sub-grantees and vendors.
- Liaise with sub-grantees for the submission of grant applications, activity budgets, etc.
- Support Grant Review/Selection meetings and present the applications in the agreed-upon format.
- Support sub-grantees in preparing pre-award documents.
- Communicate with sub-grantees on a regular basis, following up on grant-related issues.
- Communicate with sub-grantees to ensure timely submission of milestone deliverables, narrative reports, and financial reports.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Finance department to process payment requests to sub-grants according to Internews policy.
- Collect payee acknowledgments and receipts from sub-grantees and vendors.
- Organize and maintain records and outputs electronically (and in hard copy, as needed).
- Organize internal grants-related meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Assist with coordination of administrative support provided to sub-grantees.
- Work with other Internews staff and teams, including the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) team, as needed.
- Produce monthly grant updates.
- Perform other duties, as and when required.
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
- At least three years of related work experience, and a strong interest in providing high-quality administrative support to a professional team.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent lived/professional experience.
- Proficiency in Southeast Asian language(s), written and spoken.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in grant administration.
- Understanding of grant process and grant documents.
- Understanding of financial documents in grant processing.
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and related collaboration tools.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail. Ability to work independently and remotely, as well as with a team.
- Understanding of/experience in media and journalism, desired.
Learn how to apply here.