Organisation: Tarbell Fellowship
- Eligibility Criteria:
– There is no age limit for applying.
– Tarbell is excited to support early-career journalists from around the globe. However, Tarbell strongly encourages fellows to move to international journalism hubs for the duration of this fellowship.
– Tarbell expects that many of their most successful fellows may not have a degree.
- Type of funding: Fellowship
- Target countries: Worldwide
- Application language: English
The Tarbell Fellowship is a one-year programme for early-career journalists intent on improving the world.
The fellowship represents a unique opportunity to do great journalism, covering topics that could have a major impact on the lives of billions, such as global poverty and existential risks.
Fellows receive a stipend of up to $50,000 to support placements at major publications and independent freelance reporting. The programme incorporates expert speakers, feedback & mentorship from experienced journalists and a two-week journalism summit in Oxford. Upon graduation, Tarbell Fellowship expects fellows to bring their impact-focused perspective to major newsrooms and publications around the globe.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.