- Eligibility Criteria:
– There is no age limit for applying.
– Tarbell is excited to support early-career journalists from around the globe. However, Tarbell strongly encourages fellows to move to international journalism hubs for the duration of this fellowship.
– Tarbell expects that many of their most successful fellows may not have a degree.
- Type of funding: Fellowship
- Target countries: Worldwide
- Application language: English
The Tarbell Fellowship is a one-year programme for early-career journalists intent on improving the world.
The fellowship represents a unique opportunity to do great journalism, covering topics that could have a major impact on the lives of billions, such as global poverty and existential risks.
Fellows receive a stipend of up to $50,000 to support placements at major publications and independent freelance reporting. The programme incorporates expert speakers, feedback & mentorship from experienced journalists and a two-week journalism summit in Oxford. Upon graduation, Tarbell Fellowship expects fellows to bring their impact-focused perspective to major newsrooms and publications around the globe.
See here to learn more and apply.
Organisation: Tarbell Fellowship