Internews is seeking a candidate for the position of Program Manager, who will provide strategic direction and project management leadership to support effective and streamlined programming in Sudan and will report to the Sudan Country Director. The Program Manager will oversee the successful implementation of all USG and EU funded project activities.
- Contribute new ideas and develop initiatives related to media development, media innovation, and media partnerships in the Sudan context;
- Coordinate with all departments across Internews to ensure efficient and timely implementation of projects;
- Oversee development of donor reports;
- Support business development efforts, including developing proposals and identifying possible partners;
- Conduct regular review of documentation for all projects, identify gaps, and suggest plans for improvement;
- Oversee day-to-day project management and implementation;
- Oversee communication of program impact across projects;
- Ensure subgrant related processes and procedures are consistently implemented throughout the program, including agreements, disbursements, and reporting in collaboration with MENA Subgrants Officer;
- Oversee tracking of budgets in coordination with Finance Officer;
- Represent Internews at conferences and events;
- Serve as Acting Country Director in the Country Director’s absence;
- Any other related duties assigned by the supervisor to ensure program success;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- MPA or MA in business, non-profit management, social science, development, evaluation, or related field or equivalent standard of education;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with government representatives, project beneficiaries and partners, and other project stakeholders;
- Strong hands-on media background in a development context;
- Strong expertise in the civil society sector is an asset;
- Experience with grants management and due diligence;
- Experience with INGOs and Sudan context;
- Experience with USG and EU donors;
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace and experience supervising diverse staff;
- Demonstrated experience with training and capacity-building;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is required;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Experience living and working in Sudan;
- Ability to travel within Sudan (circumstances permitting).
This is a remote-based position. All remote candidates will be considered. However, the candidate must have work authorization in a location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work. To apply please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network