- Eligibility criteria:
– Reported by professional journalists (except student categories), including freelancers, excluding corporations or activist groups
– Published or broadcast during the past calendar year, January 1 to December 31, 2021 on a professional media platform (except students)
– Reported about the Asia region, including Central Asia, excluding Middle East, Australia, New Zealand
– Related to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Each entry must cite the specific article that the work seeks to address.
– In English or Chinese
- Type of funding: Award
- Target country: China
- Application language: English, Chinese
The Human Rights Press Awards are a not-for-profit organisation based in Hong Kong. We recognize top rights-related reporting from around Asia. The Awards are organized by The Foreign Correspondents’ Club Hong Kong. The goal of the Awards is to increase respect for people’s basic rights and to focus attention on threats to those freedoms. We also aim to recognize and encourage excellent, investigative and original reporting on important issues in the mass media.
The Human Rights Press Awards rewards different categories: Breaking News / Investigative Feature / Explanatory Feature / Commentary Writing, Photography, Short Videos, Documentary Videos, Audio, Multimedia, Tertiary Student Writing, Tertiary Student Video & Audio, People’s Choice Photo Award.
See here to learn more and apply.
Organisation: The Foreign Correspondents’ Club