Location: Jordan, Amman.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Internews is seeking a Subgrants Officer for the “USAID Strengthening Civil Society and Media Systems Activity (Sawt)”. Working under the direct supervision of the Grants Manager, the Subgrants Officer will ensure the successful execution of Internews grants and will be responsible for maintaining effective and productive relationships with local media outlets and civil society organizations, including core partners, sub-grantees, and small grant recipients.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Support organizations receiving grants from the project in the proper management of their grants.
- Establish all subgrants’ procedures and mechanisms.
- Manage project partners’ subgrants and alert the Internews Jordan leadership regarding any performance or financial reporting issues.
- Ensure technical, financial, and administrative compliance with Internews’ and donors’ subgrant management/reporting procedures.
- Analyze narrative and financial reports as well as supporting documents for expenses incurred in the context of grants awarded by Internews during the project’s lifecycle.
- Provide and supervise training and capacity building activities to subgrantees on financial reporting procedures and mechanisms.
- Maintain communication and relationship with local partners, make sure of media stakeholders’ involvement in the project, and ensure partners’ feedback is included in project management.
- Ensure timely financial reporting and effective collaboration with relevant Internews staff.
- Any other related duties assigned by the supervisor to ensure program success.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- A degree in business administration/management, accounting, or social sciences.
- Minimum five years of professional experience in grants management, partnerships, and/or capacity building of local partners.
- Experience in managing subgrants.
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects, especially reporting mechanisms; and extensive knowledge of USAID rules and regulations for grants and subgrants management.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with local partners, especially media outlets and civil society organizations.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English is required.
- Proven interpersonal and networking skills.
- Strong team building and communication skills.
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Working knowledge of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars.
- Experience working with remote teams.
To apply, please visit Internews Careers page