Internews is seeking a candidate for the position of Subgrants Officer in the Middle East and North Africa. This position reports directly to the Subgrants Manager for MENA, providing overall support to both programs teams and local partners with start-up and ongoing capacity building, as well as with compliance with internal and funder policies.
- Maintain internal shared files of all local partners;
- Support Subgrants Manager in preparation of toolkit guidance documents as needed/requested;
- Support project teams and Subgrants Manager to determine most appropriate subgrant instrument;
- Support Subgrants Manager with capacity building and training of local partners, including development of policies recommended during initial start-up phase;
- Support Subgrants Manager in the review of financial and narrative reports, including follow-up as needed;
- Maintain internal tracker for subgrants reporting, payments, modifications, internal and funder approvals, etc;
- Works closely with local partners to collect all initial supporting documentation (questionnaire, capacity assessment, etc);
- Support Subgrants Manager with monitoring the status of subgrants by activities in comparison with the overall budget and propose ideas where necessary for potential modifications, extensions or any appropriate actions accordingly;
- Assists with preparing payment requests, including banking information, packaging due diligence documentation and troubleshooting disbursement issues;
- Fielding questions on compliance from internal programs teams and local partners;
- Support Subgrants Manager with modification requests to existing subgrant agreements;
- Ensure relevant project team members and sub-recipients are informed of upcoming deadlines for deliverables and follow-up as needed;
- Support Subgrants Manager with ensuring required vetting has been completed prior to engagement;
Other tasks as assigned;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Minimum of 5 years working with international NGOs;
- Relevant University degree (financial management preferred);
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations, particularly USAID and US Department of State;
- Excellent communications and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated intermediate expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel;
- Proven ability to set priorities, manage time effectively and handle ongoing assignments;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability skills;
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member;
- High degree of social adaptability and sensibility to cultural differences;
- Willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate multiple time zones.
Internews aims to reopen the field office in Tunis, Tunisia in 2022. Ultimately, this role will be based in Tunis, Tunisia. To apply please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network
Location: Tunis, Tunisia