Organisation: International Journalists’ Programmes
- Eligibility criteria:
– All journalists from Southern Africa between the age of 25 and 40 who regularly work for a media organisation can apply.
– Strong command of English, German recommended but not mandatory
- Type of funding: Fellowship
- Target countries: SADC-Member States: Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Kenya
- Application language: English
International Journalists’ Programmes (IJP) offer a bursary to up to six young Southern African and up to five young German journalists. For two months the Southern African delegates will have the chance to work in Germany. They will be integrated into the day-to-day journalism of their host newsroom while also researching stories for their home media.
The Southern African delegates receive a fixed payment of 3,000 Euro. This is expected to cover most of their travel, accommodation and living expenses.
See here to learn more and apply.