Internews is seeking a candidate for the position of Program Coordinator, Investing in Independent Media. This position will be at-post in one of Internews’ Asia regional field offices. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, many of Internews’ offices are closed or partially remote and staff are working remotely. Until the situation meaningfully changes, this role will also function remotely. The incumbent will ultimately be base dat-post in Southeast Asia. The candidate should apply with the understanding that work hours will need to be coordinated to align in part with those of colleagues in Southeast Asia and on the East Coast of the United States. All remote candidates will be considered. However, the applicant must have work authorization in the current location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work.
Wherever possible, Internews works to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired.
- Reporting to and providing programmatic updates for Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to ensure deliverables are being met in a timely manner;
- Working closely with the Chief of Party (COP) and IIM senior management team in work planning and coordination within Internews and partners;
- Working with the DCOP and IIM subcontractors/partners to coordinate work planning, implementation, and reporting requirements;
- Taking a leadership role in identifying and reporting on potential impacts and success stories from IIM grantees and subcontractors/partners;
- Facilitating as well as managing key information sharing and reporting mechanisms within IIM, Internews, and the Asia Program Management Unit to ensure weekly, monthly, quarterly, and milestone reporting are completed in a timely manner;
- Reviewing and editing project reports as required;
- Liaising with partner organizations in project planning and reporting, as required;
- Working with the Asia Program Management unit to provide support in project communication in compliance with USAID requirements;
- Encouraging a positive working environment through employee relations, activities, and communications;
- Other duties as assigned;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Excellent English language (oral and written) communication skills
- Minimum 3 years development project experience, including field experience (preferably in media)
- Graduate degree in media, development, or a related subject
- Project management and reporting experience; consortium project management experience preferred
- Proven reporting skills, to a high standard of accuracy and timeliness
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize within a shifting workload
- Experience with project management software, such as MS Excel and Word
- Experience living and/or working with media or a civil society organization (CSO)
- Familiarity with Internews’ internal processes and policies
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply. To apply please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network