Internews is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director to support the implementation of USAID-funded Investing in Independent Media (IIM) Activity in Southeast Asia. This position reports to the Chief of Party (COP) and collaborates with the Regional M&E Manager in Bangkok to design and manage monitoring and evaluation of programs. The MEL Director will work with the Program Officers to collect data from activities and prepare regular reporting on MEL.
- Provide leadership and direction on MEL to ensure the project achieves its goals and corresponding objectives and targets.
- Work with the Chief of Party, Internews’ Monitoring & Evaluation staff, and local partners to design and implement Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan to capture project performance and results, and ensure the program utilizes systematized evaluation and learning tools that are flexible to the changing needs of partners and the sector.
- Lead results reporting to USAID by providing written documentation on MEL activities and indicator results for progress and annual reports as appropriate.
- Use data to contribute towards strategic decision making and program planning.
- Assist the COP, work with the DCOP and other senior staff in producing regular, timely and accurate narrative reports (including MEL data) per USAID guidelines.
- Provide MEL capacity building training to relevant staff and local partners.
- Hold Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning check-ins with relevant staff members and partners and use feedback to adapt the MEL plan and data collection systems accordingly.
- Responsible for collecting, verifying, and reporting MEL data in compliance with USAID’s and Internews’ data quality standards.
- Develop internal tracking systems to maintain MEL data in an organized, secure, and easy-to-understand way.
- Monitor, review, and ensure the quality of MEL data from key partners (including research organizations), mentors, grantees, and technical specialists.
- Input all required training and MEL data into USAID’s online systems as required per the contract.
- Support the design and implementation of baseline/midline assessments and other surveys according to the approved work plan.
- Coordinate with partners to ensure their timely submission of monitoring and evaluation data and examples of project impact that meet Internews’ and USAID standards for quality, detail and clarity.
- Respond to requests from USAID and HQ staff about MEL data, methodologies, and examples of project impact from various target countries/partners promptly and accurately.
- Produce project communications materials and success stories as per USAID requirements and Internews’ internal standards in conjunction with other project staff as required.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation for social development activities and/or media. Experience working on USAID-funded projects is highly preferred.
- Proven expertise in both qualitative and quantitative data collection and M&E database systems. Knowledge of data management processes and tools, including USAID’s framework and reporting system.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills.
- Experience with relevant M&E software, such as Excel, SPSS, Power BI, Stata In-Design, Photoshop, etc.
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building, and coordination.
- Experience working with and providing technical and/or capacity-building support to media outlets in project country preferred.
- Experience in producing narrative reports, including MEL data.
- Familiarity with media research and sustainability work is preferred.
- Fluency in English and strong English writing skills, to a publishable standard.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and information management skills.
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, a good problem-solver, and flexible.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and reliably, to a high standard and to the deadline.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff.
- Willingness to travel to project areas in different locations across the project target regions.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, development, or related field or equivalent standard of education.
- Master’s degree and/or professional training in M&E preferred.
This role will be based in Bangkok, Thailand office. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so interested candidates are encouraged to apply soon. To apply please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network
Location: Bangkok, Thailand