Internews is seeking a candidate for the position of Finance Officer at-post in one of Internews’ Asia regional field offices, who will have overall responsibility for the efficient operation of the Finance departments, the timely delivery of monthly financial reports, and coordination and communication between operational and financial supports. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, many of Internews’ offices are closed or partially remote, and staff are working remotely. Until the situation meaningfully changes, this role will also function remotely. The incumbent will ultimately be based at-post in Southeast Asia. The candidate should apply with the understanding that work hours will need to be coordinated to align in part with those of colleagues in Southeast Asia and on the East Coast of the United States.
- Ensure that all expenditures are conducted and reported in compliance with requirements outlined by the funder and in compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures;
- Prepare monthly financial reports and other reports as requested;
- Ensure that expense data is properly submitted and that all expenses are reasonable, allowable, and allocable, and conform to cost principles outlined in funder regulations;
- Ensure that all project funds are secure and accounted for;
- Ensure all supporting documentation is obtained in a timely manner;
- Work with Grants team to prepare monthly cash plan;
- Make bank withdrawals and payments;
- Prepare wire transfer requests;
- Maintain and track supporting documents for audits and verification;
- Maintain petty cash book with a proper record on a daily basis;
- Maintain appropriate petty cash record and monthly cash count and reconciliation;
- Prepare monthly reconciliation for all other relevant ledger accounts;
- Communicate and coordinate with regional and home office accounting staff, as delegated by Finance Manager;
- Communicate with relevant staff about updates of the organization’s finance policies;
- Conduct inventory surprise check on a quarterly basis;
- In all duties, understand and demonstrate commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Bachelor’s degree or internationally recognized professional qualification in Accounting, Finance, administration, or another closely related field
- At least three years’ experience in finance and accounting, with an excellent understanding of finance and accounting-related issues
- Fluency in Burmese and strong English language skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to work on a multicultural team and maintain effective (remote) communication with colleagues
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Familiarity with Internet resources and programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook; knowledge of accounting software. Experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) software desirable.
- Ability to deliver results and collaborate with team members against tight deadlines
All remote candidates will be considered. However, the candidate must have work authorization in a location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work. To apply please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe