Internews is an international media development organization whose mission is to give people a voice and the information to empower communities. To support implementation of USAID-funded Investing in Independent Media (IIM) Activity in Southeast Asia, Internews is seeking a Partnerships Manager (PM). This position reports to the IIM Director of Operations and Grants and collaborates with the Chief of Party (CoP) and Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) in managing grants and support mechanisms under IIM.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Ensure collaboration with IIM technical teams to identify partners and develop Scopes of Work that align with IIM objectives and partner needs;
- Administer the full cycle of grant management activities, from solicitation through selection, pre-award assessment, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout;
- Oversee the collection of required local partner documentation, including registration, capacity questionnaires, budget inputs and negotiations;
- Provide technical and operational capacity-building support directly to partners;
- Liaise with partners to ensure high-quality outputs, timely completion of deliverables and invoices and overall quality of the activity;
- Ensure grants administration is compliant with USAID approved Grants Manual and Internews policies, including all reporting and audit requirements;
- Oversee timely training of partners and Internews staff to understand the grant cycle and compliance, including the development of training materials;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field; Master’s degree and/or professional training in Business Management or Finance preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in grants management. Experience working on USAID-funded projects is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with the AIDAR, FAR, and ADS 303 regulations pertaining to grants and procurement.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, leadership, problem solving, and management skills.
- Willingness to travel to project areas in different locations across the project target countries.
- Experience working with and providing technical and/or capacity building support to media outlets in Myanmar preferred.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and information management skills.
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored and flexible.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and reliably, to a high standard and to deadline.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse staff.
- Fluency in Burmese and English.
Please, apply here.