The Pulitzer Center is seeking a creative, detail-oriented, and high-energy person as a Social Media Coordinator, with our Communications team. Our aim is to find a candidate who shares our passion for raising awareness of critical global issues. This position is primarily remote, but may occasionally be asked to travel to events.
The Social Media Coordinator plays an integral role in promoting the Pulitzer Center’s journalism and education work around the world. We are active on five social media channels and have nine profiles across Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube. The coordinator has oversight over all platforms, also providing guidance to colleagues managing the Pulitzer Cetner’s rainforest journalism accounts. The position involves a great deal of internal and external stakeholder management and communication, within the Communications team, with other teams at the Pulitzer Center, and with journalist grantees, education partners, and other stakeholders.
This person designs, implements, and maintains social media strategies and processes that allow the communications team to communicate the Pulitzer Center’s mission and impact effectively, and work efficiently and strategically with all teams across the Pulitzer Center. The coordinator builds and maintains effective methods of reporting on social media analytics and providing actionable insights to improve audience engagement. The social media coordinator plays a critical role in building and maintaining the Pulitzer Center’s public brand, and championing social media processes and goals throughout the organization. This person is adept at cross-channel campaigns, putting audiences at the center of communications strategies, and has excellent communication, task management, and organizational skills. The optimal candidate can simultaneously function creatively in fast-paced environments while implementing new processes that will ensure smooth daily operations.
- Lead organizational social media content strategy and maintain social media calendar for the Pulitzer Center’s social media accounts across multiple programs, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Create and post social media content across channels, including written content, graphics, and video, coordinating with other teams across the organization to ensure deliverables are met
- Collaborate with Multimedia and Digital Marketing Coordinator on Instagram content strategy and calendar
- Ensure that all social media content adheres to each program’s branding, tone, voice, and subject matter. Reinforce social media style guidelines across the organization.
- Actively monitor social media channels for inquiries and mentions of the Pulitzer Center, and identify opportunities to drive audience engagement
- Collaborate with journalists, media outlets, and influencers on campaigns that elevate the visibility and impact of Pulitzer Center journalism and education.
- Create regular reports on social media growth and engagement, and recommend strategies based on insights.
- Launch, optimize, and report on paid media campaigns to promote journalism and education products or initiatives.
- Manage the Pulitzer Center’s $10,000 per month Google Ad Grant.
- Assist in promoting Pulitzer Center events through a variety of communications channels; provide in-person support for events and conferences as needed.
- Live-tweet events as needed. For in-person and virtual events, develop strategies for content development and live social media onsite.
- Develop social media toolkits for events and partner campaigns to ensure seamless collaboration across stakeholders
- 4-5 years experience managing cross-channel social media for a journalism organization or nonprofit, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Experience creating social media content and messaging for diverse audiences, with a focus on addressing sensitive, complex and timely subject matter
- Experience leading and managing social media and audience engagement campaigns with multiple stakeholders
- Data-driven mindset and experience conducting analysis on social media performance and recommending strategies based on insights
- Strong social media copywriting skills with experience diversifying messaging by audience and platform
- Spanish language proficiency strongly preferred
Benefit package includes generous paid time off, health care coverage (including medical/dental/vision), health savings accounts 403(b) retirement plan, transit benefit, parental leave, and Life & ADD/LTD/STD Insurance.
The application will require you to enter a cover letter, resume/CV, and contact information for three references. To apply please click here.
For more information, please click here.
Organisation: Pulitzer Center