Internews seeks a consultant to provide services as a MEAL and Data Specialist, providing support to the country management team. The MEAL and Data Specialist will agree to collaborate with the Project Manager to help ensure systems and processes are put in place to support the smooth implementation of activities. The MEAL and Data Specialist will also provide expert guidance and support to aspects of the project including research activities, Monitoring and Evaluation, project reporting, and partner training.
About the project:
The Rooted in Trust project works to combat COVID-19 rumors and misinformation in Afghanistan, Lebanon, Iraq, Colombia, Mali, DRC, Zimbabwe, Sudan and South Sudan. Internews works to create impact at the local level and inform approaches to rumor management at the global level. The project is supported by a Global Technical Advisory team made up of media, humanitarian, data science and information management experts.
In Phase 1 of the project, Internews collected more than 19 thousand rumors in 14 languages and supported more than 30 local trusted information providers. In this critical phase of the pandemic, Internews will build on these efforts to listen and respond to the information challenges faced by vulnerable groups in humanitarian contexts, encouraging open dialogue between citizens and scientists and stronger and more collaborative partnerships between information providers (such as local media) and humanitarian and health sources.
Scope of work:
- Provide expert guidance to the Project Manager on the formulation and implementation of project strategy in a fluid environment;
- Communicate with partners to provide guidance and track progress of project deliverables;
- Collaborate with Global MERL team to monitor and track project using global data collection and indicator tracking systems;
- Analyze rumor data collected by partner organizations and identify trends that may impact on public health outcomes;
- Analyze data collected by Internews and partner organizations through community engagement activities like call-in radio shows, social media interactions, face-to-face interactions, including those by front line aid workers, media and other channels as deemed relevant and provide translations;
- Provide input into the editorial process by providing regular updates to the Content Creator and the content production team on recurrent or emerging topics and trends;
- Support compilation of compliance reports while ensuring others meet their reporting obligations and timelines;
- Support creation of externally shared learning documents regarding rollout of a global humanitarian response in the midst of a pandemic.
- University degree in International Relations, Humanitarian Action, Sociology, Media and Communications, or a related field OR equivalent lived/professional experience
- Five years of relevant professional experience
- Minimum two years’ experience working in a Monitoring and Evaluation role
- Excellent organizational, information and project management skills
- Strong writing and analytical skills and experience contributing to donor reporting under tight deadlines
- Team-building skills and the ability to support a diverse staff in a challenging and highly fluid environment – experience with remote management highly prioritized
- Experience working in humanitarian contexts and/or working in challenging environments and having a strong understanding of how to work with local authorities, international agencies like the UN, INGOs and local organizations and community representatives
- A self-starter and proactive problem solver who enjoys communication and collaboration in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, a good problem-solver, good humored and flexible
- Fluency in Spanish or French a distinct advantage
- Awareness of, and familiarity with, the issues and dynamics of the COVID-19 pandemic and/or other health crises in humanitarian contexts a strong asset
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited-duration consultancy, with an expected term of four months.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network