Organisation: Free Press Unlimited (FPU)
Free Press Unlimited is looking for a Senior Project Officer (32 hrs. Per week) with extensive experience in journalism projects and grant management to implement a range of activities to enhance collaborative and investigative journalism in Europe.
Start date: June / July 2023. This position is based in the Netherlands.
About Free Press Unlimited
Free Press Unlimited is an Amsterdam-based international non-profit organisation that strongly believes all people are entitled to unbiased, reliable and timely information. Media play a crucial role in providing people with free and unrestricted access to information and to monitor the authorities. Free Press Unlimited wants to make and keep objective news and information available to everyone, especially to people in countries without or with limited (press) freedom. We do this by supporting independent local media professionals and journalists.
You will contribute to the project mission of strengthening the collaborative journalism ecosystem by building the capacity of and fostering knowledge exchange among journalists.
You will implement a range of programmatic activities meant to enhance collaborative and investigative journalism in Europe, including training, journalism grants, mentorship, networking events and more.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a passionate Senior Project Officer, with appropriate sensitivity for cultural differences. Our ideal candidate is independent and collaborative, has strong project management and communication skills and is able to multitask and set priorities.
- You are passionate about journalism and have a strong background in project management implementing journalism projects in Europe.
- You are familiar with the European collaborative cross-border investigative journalism ecosystem.
- You are able to independently conceptualize and deliver project activities within the given timeframe and budget and have an outstanding track record that speaks for itself.
- You have international experience and can establish and manage trusted contacts with journalists, media organisations and other stakeholders in a variety of contexts.
- You have experience organising training and international events for journalists, from programme to logistics, including facilitating online meetings.
- You have experience coordinating or are familiar with journalism grant programmes
- You have excellent planning and organizational skills and are attentive to details while holding the broader helicopter view in sight.
- You are proficient in written and spoken English.
- You are available for project travel within Europe.
- You are based in the Netherlands and have the right to work in the EU.
- The opportunity to contribute to a special mission. You will work in an exciting and challenging international working environment of 70 colleagues who work both from home and in a nice office in the heart of Amsterdam.
- An appointment for one year, with the possibility of extension depending on performance and funding. The salary is dependent upon relevant professional experience (min € 3.800 and max € 5.300, – gross per month based on full-time employment, excluding 8% holiday allowance).
- Free Press Unlimited has an excellent pension scheme, 25 days of leave per year (on the basis of a full-time position), vitality allowance and reimbursement of travel expenses (public transport).
Then we would love to hear from you! Please apply by sending your English CV and short cover letter (both in PDF format) no later than 12 May 2023 to Tamara Lunacek (HR Officer) via this application form. For questions about the position you can contact Diana Lungu, Senior Programme Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to contact selected applicants before the deadline date. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. The position is subject to funding availability.
Free Press Unlimited is an organisation that upholds the importance of diversity, and where everyone feels welcome and appreciated. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better organisation – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better results. That is why we encourage everyone to apply.
If this is not your dream job, support Free Press Unlimited by sharing this vacancy within your network.