Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Internews is looking for a Senior Program Officer to lead the implementation of activities aimed at increasing quality media content and engagement between CSOs, media & key stakeholders focused primarily on religious freedom, human rights, and ethnic/religious identity. The Senior Project Officer will report to the Country Representative.
- This position is based in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Please note that candidates must have independent work authorization that does not require sponsorship from Internews; relocation support is not available.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Lead the implementation of capacity-building and networking programs.
- Assist with project oversight and planning, including progress towards program deliverables.
- Develop, organize, and maintain information and project tracking systems (e.g., shared drive, user database).
- Ensure that all programmatic reports are provided to Internews from partners and offices in a timely manner.
- Conduct review of partners’ narrative reporting and assist in review of financial reporting.
- Develop first drafts of key project documentation (reports, workplans, and internal documents); proof, revise, format, and assemble finished materials.
- Compile and distribute notes from key meetings.
- Support implementation of project assessments, surveys, and M&E activities as needed.
- Work with consultants/trainers to manage trainings, seminars, and workshops.
- Provide updates and briefings on programs and maintain correspondence with partner networks.
- Occasional in-country travel and possible international travel.
- Support strategic communications efforts of Internews to promote and publicize project activities.
- Attend relevant partner network meetings and external events on behalf of Internews.
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of programmatic experience, including project management experience.
- Experience in media or managing media development projects is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and at least one local language.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to follow documented procedures; ability to take direction and work independently to complete tasks on time.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including report-writing experience.
- Proven organizational skills, with good attention to detail.
- Proven ability to operate in a multicultural and remote work environment.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments.
To apply, please submit your CV and optionally a cover letter via email: LKemail@example.com