Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Internews is seeking a candidate for the position of Senior Program Officer. The Senior Program Officer, Knowledge & Learning (SPO) is a key position in the Impact team, working to surface and elevate knowledge from around the organization and cross-fertilizing internal expertise to support development of guidance and methodologies which can be of benefit to wider Internews projects. The ideal candidate is passionate about learning, fastidious about organizing information, and incredibly collaborative. The SO is charged with ensuring the company intranet (the HIVE) serves as a sound, user-friendly platform for knowledge retention and running key knowledge management functions to ensure knowledge and expertise are shared throughout the organization.
Intranet & Information Architecture:
- Serve as the lead of the HIVE, Internews’ intranet, including creation, oversight, support and display of a variety of content.
- Lead the technical and operational management and configuration of the HIVE by:Coordinating a team of core HIVE admins and content administrators from across Internews offices and departments;
- Working closely with the Technology Solutions team, included dotted-line supervision of the HIVE Manager and Business Operations Librarian, as well as consultants, who provide the technical SharePoint support.
- Together with Director of Knowledge & Learning, ensure taxonomies and naming conventions are consistent and following HIVE guidelines.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the HIVE and other knowledge management systems’ use, employing human-centered design techniques to ensure the needs of our project staff are met by our systems.
- Manage the Knowledge Center on the HIVE including adding new expertise pages and methodologies, by proactively engaging with colleagues across the organization, and suggesting changes/updates to stay innovative.
- Oversee and reply to the knowledge desk ticket system, answering questions and finding resources for program teams.
- Maintain a high quality of visual design and usability for any tool or product intended to be used by Internews staff.
- Employ user-centered design strategies to accomplish the above and ensure that all solutions are designed for the end user.
- Hold regularly scheduled webinars to help staff navigate and contribute to the Knowledge Center on the HIVE.
- In all duties, demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
Knowledge Product Creation
- Guided by our “Pathway to Knowledge Product” process, provide guidance and support to program teams in the development of new learning products, such as methodologies, toolkits and curriculums, with the relevant technical experts within or outside Internews; lead on development of such tools as requested.
- Innovate and pilot new approaches to internal knowledge sharing and learning in collaboration with other TLU colleagues and Internews staff.
- Monitor the usage of knowledge products to determine when strategies should be adjusted for improved uptake.
- Conduct research on new thematic areas and ideas, including creating positioning papers, sourcing talent and driving both internal and external discussion and learning.
- Support proposal development on areas related to knowledge and learning.
- Create communications materials for projects as needed, such as two-pagers, presentation decks, positioning papers etc.
- Manage the Knowledge Series, a vibrant online webinar space featuring partners and thematic topics of interest to Internews and its mission, and iterate as needed and based on feedback.
- Organize the Internews Film Club (IFC) screenings and post-screening discussions in partnership with the Director of FilmAid.
- Provide facilitation for After-Action Reviews as requested and compile learnings from these review sessions.
- Provide technical support to field projects as able/requested and depending on sectoral expertise; cross-fertilize various internal expertise.
- Collaborate with colleagues across different departments on the ongoing refinement and further implementation of the Internews Learning Framework.
- Provide inputs to quarterly internal Knowledge & Learning newsletters.
- Relevant University degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years development project experience, including field experience
- Highly organized project manager with the ability to prioritize competing demands, meet deadlines, and manage and motivate team members to do the same
- Demonstrated excellence in professional written and verbal communication skills and understanding of how to tailor one’s message for different audiences; additional languages preferred
- Knowledge of the media development sector, and global information landscape/challenges
- Experience in supporting the development of learning products with Subject Matter Experts, such as methodologies, curriculums, webinars, toolkits etc.
- Experience organizing and facilitating learning events, such as webinars, surveys, internal focus groups etc.
- Hands on experience building out systems and processes designed to capture and disseminate knowledge
- SharePoint Administration experience preferred
- Experience building and maintaining taxonomies and file/data collection processes
- Superior analytical, organizational, editing and writing skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with a shifting workload
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in Web design; Skills in layout and design
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and other desktop publishing a plus
- Familiarity with Office 365 tools, including Outlook, Teams and Yammer
- Experience with proposal writing
This is a remote-based position. All remote candidates will be considered. However, the candidate must have work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so interested candidates are encouraged to apply soon. The preference is to fill this position as an internal hire within Internews. To apply please click here.