Location: Remote in United States or MENA Region
Internews is looking for a Senior Program Associate.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Senior Program Associate provides administrative and technical support for programs under the supervision of the Senior Program Officer based in Tunisia and in close collaboration with the MENA, department based across several time zones. The Senior Program Associate will be expected to perform complex tasks requiring prior experience, education, or training.
You’re an ideal candidate for this position if you have extraordinary attention to detail and organizational capacity; great written and oral communication skills; a love for keeping things moving and on track; a voracious desire to learn; and the desire to help protect human rights defenders, journalists, and marginalized people around the world. We work hard, laugh easily, and cheer each other on, so you also need to be ready for that.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS WILL INCLUDE:
- Assist with project oversight and planning, including progress towards program deliverables
- Provide support in ensuring program implementation complies with funder requirements and Internews’ policies and procedures
- Contribute to program reporting, including reviewing and editing quarterly reports and other project reports
- Assist in preparation of key project documents
- Support events and partner meetings, including coordinating agendas and travel logistics
- Assist the program team with business development as needed and contribute ideas to the team for potential future development
- Carry out research as assigned and in support of ongoing projects and new initiatives
- Ensure the preparation of invoices, wire transfer requests, expense reimbursements, and procurement requests
- Lead the implementation of personal service contracts and outside service contracts.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date briefing and communications materials for active projects.
- Support the MENA team in compiling and distributing program updates.
- In all duties, understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Relevant university degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years relevant prior experience, including 2-3 years experience with international development projects.
- Experience with MS Excel and Word
- Superior analytical skills and writing ability
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Proven organization skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with a shifting workload
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural and remote work environment
- Willingness to travel to support meetings, events, and conferences as needed
- Experience with proposal writing
- Experience making complex travel arrangements
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in Arabic and/or French
To apply, please visit Internews Careers page here.