The Senior Business Associate serves as a key member of the Europe and Eurasia Department. The Senior Business Associate is responsible for providing business support to management and program staff during pre-award, implementation, and closeout. The Senior Business Associate will work closely with program staff to assist in developing, managing, and reconciling budgets and project expenditures in support of program objectives. The SBA will work closely with local field staff in the region to provide financial and administrative support. The SBA will be expected to perform complicated tasks requiring prior experience, education or training. The Senior Business Associate will also assist the Director of Business and Program Operations to implement and maintain effective financial management controls and ensure compliance with funder requirements and Internews’ policies and procedures.
- Tracks program budgets and provides analysis.
- Assists management and program staff to forecast planned expenditures.
- Reviews invoices, payment requests, advance requests, expense reimbursements and proper coding, prior to approval.
- Reviews sub-grantee financial reports and any supporting documentation.
- Develops PMU subgrants and contracts.
- Reviews and reconciles monthly credit card statements.
- Assists in preparing proposal budgets, budget narratives, and budget modifications.
- Assists with new country registrations and office startup for Internews representative offices in the region, including launch, admin and operations systems-building in the field, and close out of field programs.
- Assists in investigating financial discrepancies and deficiencies.
- Drafts contracts for external consultants and services as needed.
- Drafts and edits local field office HR Handbooks, per legal review.
- Liaises with field accountants and country managers to improve internal policies and procedures.
- Provides ad hoc financial and administrative support to management, as requested.
- Provides financial and contractual support to local finance staff.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written Russian or another Eastern European language.
- Three years of experience working with an international NGO is preferable.
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations, particularly USAID and US State Department.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Intermediate expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Proven ability to set priorities and mange time effectively.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Internews has headquarters offices in Washington, DC and London, UK, and a country program office in Vilnius, Lithuania and supports a hybrid workforce, with staff working remotely, fully in-office, or partially remote. This position may be based fully or partially in one of the above-mentioned offices, or fully remotely from the United States, United Kingdom, or Lithuania.
Wherever possible, Internews works to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited term position, with an expected end date of December 31, 2023. This term may be extended, contingent upon availability of funding.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network
Location: Remote in US, UK, or Lithuania