Location: United States, remote
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Under the supervision of the Director for Enterprise Risk & Solutions, the Senior Associate for Enterprise Risk & Solutions’ primary responsibility is to support department projects and Internews’ program implementation in the collaborative design and implementation of risk mitigation strategies that are efficient, effective and not overly burdensome.
This role supports the Director in advising Program Management Units (PMUs) in working with business operations departments to create better processes, policies, and systems to support effective program implementation and adequately mitigate organizational risk. The Senior Associate works directly with the Director in a cross-functional capacity to identify organizational risks, assist with implementing risk mitigation strategies, support creating communities of practice among business managers, and support in solving program implementation operational problems. The position will work directly with the Director and other business operations staff to standardize practices with a focus on support and problem-solving. This role will support the Director of Enterprise Risk & Solutions in the administration of solutions to ethical findings and investigations.
Internews has US offices in Arcata, CA and Washington, DC which support a hybrid workforce with staff working remotely, fully in-office, or partially remote. This is a remote based role, and candidates based anywhere in the United States will be considered. Our ideal candidate is based in the Pacific/Eastern time zone.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Provide administrative support to the country registration process by coordinating with program teams to conduct an analysis of country operation requirements for registration and program implementation decisions.
- Support the Director, Program Management Units, Field Operations and Security Department, and Audit
- Department to improve registration and local and funder audit processes.
- Assist the Director in developing organization-wide process changes, including mitigation of enterprise risk.
- Support implementation of organization-wide process changes as described above in coordination with business management and business operations department staff.
- Support the Director, business operations staff, and business management staff to analyze and report enterprise risks and to manage risk according to the enterprise risk management framework.
- Support joint initiatives with business management and business operations department staff on a case-by-case basis to develop alternative solutions to complex and unforeseeable circumstances.
Encourage an organizational climate that is aware of and supports ERM and supports improvements to this end.
- Aid in developing processes and procedures for change management, project management, and priority projects.
- Provide administrative support to ethics investigations.
- Support building of best practices and approaches for investigations and ethics management.
- Project management support for critical cross-functional priority initiatives.
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant business operations experience
- Relevant University degree or equivalent lived/professional experience.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and eagerness to organize information via Excel required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate.
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening.
- Optimism, a sense of humor, and excitement at joining a supportive, skilled, multi-cultural team that is distributed across the globe.
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Proven ability to organize information, prioritize tasks, and maintain accurate records.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but who are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with USG, or foreign donor-funded programs is strongly preferred.
- Language skills such as Spanish, Arabic, French, Russian, and others are a plus.
To apply, please visit Internews Careers page:.