- Training & education
Organisation: Samir Kassir Foundation
Explore a unique safety training opportunity tailored for MENA journalists! The Samir Kassir Foundation, in collaboration with ACOS Alliance, Rory Peck Trust, Maharat Foundation, and the Gulf Centre for Human Rights (GCHR), invites you to join its free course, now in its sixth year. Benefit from expert guidance by experienced media safety trainers. The courses will take place in-person only in Lebanon.
Who can apply
- Anyone certain they can take part in the entire course.
- Anyone willing to commit to the highest standards of professionalism and respect of their peers during the course.
- In the case of being selected, you understand that by accepting the invitation, you are filling one of a limited number of spots available for journalists in the MENA region.
Not complying with 1 and 2 might lead to the exclusion of the participant. Course fees and accommodation are covered. A limited number of travel grants are available to eligible applicants based in the region.
- Be based in the MENA, or cover Lebanon and the region on a regular basis.
- Priority will be given to those who have not completed a safety training course before. However, the course is open to those in need of a refresher.
- Priority will be given to freelancers, and those journalists that lack resources or identify as a minority.
- Complete the course in full.
Course dates: March 25 to 29, 2024
How to apply
The application deadline for this position is February 11, 2024. To apply, please complete this form.