- Eligibility criteria:
– Their work should mainly be focused on promotion and protection of human rights.
– Have an existing high impact digital project or idea they wish to bring into the workshop and implement after the cycle of safe sisters.
– Have an open mind to learn and experiment with new digital tools and concepts.
– Applicants should be proficient in English (written, spoken and comprehension).
- Type of funding: Fellowship
- Target countries: Ghana, South Africa, Nigeria, Tanzania, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Zimbabwe, and Liberia.
- Application language: English
Are you a Woman Human Rights Defender, journalist, media worker or activist from Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria, Tanzania, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Zimbabwe, Liberia who is interested in enhancing their skills in data management, content development and digital security? Apply for Safe Sisters’ third Fellowship Program Workshop 2022!
Safe Sisters is a fellowship program for women human rights defenders, journalists or media workers that builds capacity to understand and respond to the digital safety challenges that they face in their work and daily life.
This unique opportunity brings together human rights defenders and civil society persons from across Africa for intensive training and networking while learning how to strategically employ digital tools across the spectrum of data management, content development, digital security.
The safe sister fellowship is about empowering girls and women working on human rights issues to take control of their space online and information and share with other women. Participants must be willing to learn in a fast-paced program and should have the capacity and commitment to maximize their benefit from the program.
The workshop will take place from the 11th – 15th July 2022 unless otherwise communicated.
See here to learn more and apply.