- Awards & prizes
Organisation: Premio Roche
Location: Latin America
- Eligibility criteria: /
- Type of funding: Award
- Target countries: Latin America
- Application language: Spanish
The Roche Prize 2022 starts today! For nine editions, the award has been the platform to recognize excellence and quality journalistic coverage of health in Latin America. They celebrate the tenth version —in the midst of the challenges demanded by the dynamism of journalism— this milestone brings with it a renewal to consolidate ourselves as a community that integrates other views and approaches, seeking to expand the accompaniment and impact on journalists in the region from the exchange of experiences.
They are expanding the themes of the contest to exalt not only health and science journalism, but also coverage that addresses these issues based on their economic, political and social impact, and from human, inclusive and innovative approaches. This is a joint effort between Roche Latin America and the Technical Secretariat of the Gabo Foundation through which, so far, they have honored 50 journalists or teams of journalists from the region , including category winners and honorable mentions, and they have created a community of about 4 thousand professionals.
For 10 years, the Roche Award has allowed their to present the best of health journalism in Latin America through the works submitted. These must have been originally broadcast in Spanish or Portuguese , addressing health issues according to the established themes.
This year, you can apply for the Roche Award if your journalistic work falls into one of these three categories:
– Sound Journalism: They will reward the work with the best sound language produced and broadcast on radio programs by stations, legally constituted networks or on digital platforms in any country in Latin America.
– Digital Journalism: The award will go to the best work produced and published in digital media and environments of all kinds and from any country in the region.
– Daily Coverage: The work that best complies as the benchmark for in-depth journalistic coverage, explanation and follow-up of issues that arise from the daily situation will be chosen.
See here to learn more and apply.